Neora Valley Retreat
Rishop - Your holiday destination
The place is well known for the majestic views of the Kanchenjunga range. Over the years, many tourists accommodations have come up at Rishyap. The local Sherpas and Lepchas have built small cottage-type accommodations for tourist. Tiffindara, a sunrise-view spot, is about 1 km from here.
Tifindara is a beautiful sunset point, which was initially known by the name of ‘Sherpa Dara’. It is an ideal site where travellers can explore the beautiful view of the Himalayan ranges. A pine forest is situated on the south of Tifindara, where tourists can spot a high tower.
Local Sight Seeing
- Tifindara is a beautiful sunset point, which was initially known by the name of ‘Sherpa Dara’. It is an ideal site where travellers can explore the beautiful view of the Himalayan ranges. A pine forest is situated on the south of Tifindara, where tourists can spot a high tower.
- Neora National Park is situated at the conjunction of West Bengal, Sikkim and Bhutan. The park houses endangered species like Red Panda, Clouded Leopard Himalayan Thar, Indian Gaur, Royal Bengal Tiger and the Himalayan Black Bear. Nature Interpretation Centre in Neora National Park concentrates on rich flora and fauna. It involves interaction with the residents to protect the environment, which is organised by the Forest Department.Jaributi is an ideal area inside the park to watch the wildlife and can be toured around as well. The park also possesses diverse species of avifauna, which includes Sunbirds, Flycatchers, Maynas, Owls, Parakeets, Woodpeckers and many others. Neora National park also houses butterflies and insects belonging to diverse family. Many colourful orchids can also be spotted inside the park.
- Pedong village is located at a distance of 15.3 km from Rishyap village. The site lies on silk route that forms a bridge through Jelep La Pass to enter Tibet from India. Short treks and a visit to Damsang Fort which was constructed in 1690 can be enjoyed. The fort had witnessed the war between Lepchas and Bhutias. Thus, at present the fort is in ruins.Cross Hill is situated in proximity from Pedong and is frequently visited by the Christian community. Father Augustine Desgodins placed the cross at this site in 1882, while he was travelling to Tibet. Tin Chuley View Point is another spot where one can view the Nathula Pass and Jelep La Pass.Sillery Goan is situated at a height of about 6,000 ft in the centre of pine forests. Mt. Kanchenjunga range can be clearly seen from this region. Rikkisum can also be visited while travelling to Pedong. The site has a beautiful bungalow that was constructed in 1902 by the Britishers. A complete view of Kanchenjunga range is also enjoyed like that of Kalimpong.Sangchhen Gompa is a Bhutanese monastery nearby Pedong, which was constructed in 1706. The belongings and souvenirs of Damsang Fort were placed in this site after it was destroyed in the Anglo-Bhutanese war. Bird watching, fishing and trekking can be taken at this site
- Lolegaon is a Lepcha village, which is often called by the name of Kafer. The village has the forest possessing trees of cypress, oaks and pine. Endangered wildlife species like mountain goats and black bear can be spotted at the site.Heritage Forest can also be visited by travellers, which is situated within the village. The Canopy Walk is a prime attraction of Lolegaon because it gives the experience of strolling through the woods. Moreover, the site is suitable for short treks at Kalimpong hills.
- Lava Jamgyong Kongtrul Monastery was set up on a hill in 1987. The monastery is encircled by forests and remains covered with fog throughout the year. Monks residing in this region concentrate upon topics of Buddhist Literature. Initially, this site was offered by the Buddhist society to the 3rd Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche. This was done for the need of local people who requested him to construct a monastery.The monastery was initially opened with only 7 monks, but now it has grown in past few years to board more monks. Ngedon Chang-Chen Ling Retreat also exists in the monastery that houses around 110 monks.
Local Sight Seeing – Kalimpong
Chosen by KINGS for its beauty, climate and poise, this hill town has a history engraved into the Mountains. Originally, a part of Bhutan, it merged with Darjeeling after 1856 Anglo – Bhutan war, itflourished as a Wool Trading Center with Tibet till 1950.Kalimpong is situated at an elevation of 1748 m in the subdivision of Kalimpong. It is another beautiful and important hill station at the Mahabharat Range of Himalaya in West Bengal, like Darjeeling. The River Teesta is left behind far below and lonely, apart the town from the country Bhutan. The crowd less peaceful town Kalimpong located in between Deolo Hill and Durpin Hill. Deolo Hill is the highest point in Kalimpong, has an altitude of 1,704 m (5,591 ft) and Durpin Hill is at an elevation of 1,372 m (4,501 ft).The famous monastery Fobrang and Nine Hole Golf Course are situated at the top of Durpin Hill. Kalimpong is an ideal tourist spot for every one, due to its climates.
- ARMY GOLF COURSE IN KALIMPONG
Army Golf Club, an 18 hole golf course, is located in a picturesque hillside in Kalimpong. This golf club is an excellent spot for scenic views and photography. The well maintained landscapes with lusting green lawns attract many tourists to this place. The undulating hilly terrains make the golf club a challenging field. One can enjoy the enchanting of the Durpin monastery from the golf club ground and one can get excellent angles of monastery to photograph the amazing beauty of the monastery.A place for all lovers of golf would like to visit.
- DEOLO HILL IN KALIMPONG
The sights of Kalimpong like the Delo House is a must see. Its a true walk in the clouds. This is a plateau surrounded by mountains and is the only place where you get a 360 view of the mountains and rivers in the valley!Kalimpong is located on a ridge connecting two hills, Delo and Durpin Hill, at an elevation of 1,247 m (4,091 ft). Delo, the highest point in Kalimpong, has an altitude of 1,704 m (5,590 ft) and Durpin is at an elevation of 1,372 m (4,501 ft).The River Teesta flows in the valley below. The hills are nestled within higher peaks.
Kangchenjunga is the third highest mountain in the world, with an elevation of 8,586 m (28,169 ft) and located along the India-Nepal border in the Himalayas. Kangchenjunga is also the name of the surrounding section of the Himalayas and means “The Five Treasures of Snows”, as it contains five peaks, four of them over 8,450 m (27,720 ft). The treasures represent the five repositories of God, which are gold, silver, gems, grain, and holy books.The main peak is of spendid beauty.The view of this peak from kalimpong is overwhelming.
DURPIN DARA IN KALIMPONG
Durpin Dara, located at an altitude of 1,402 metre, is known for its beautiful views. It is an observatory point, which is located approximately 3 kilometre from the town. Tourists visiting this place can enjoy beautiful views of the Himalayan ranges. Durpin Dara, easily accessible by car, is the highest point in Kalimpong. In addition, this observatory point also offers views of the plains along with River Teesta.The view is just to spectacular from Durpin Dara
FLOWER NURSERIES IN KALIMPONG
Horticulture is also important to Kalimpong: it has a flower market notable for its wide array of orchids; nurseries, which export Himalayan grown flower bulbs, tubers and rhizomes, contribute to the economy of Kalimpong.Flower Nurseries are in abundance in Kalimpong, as the place is famous for cultivation of horticultural plants. These flower nurseries are engaged in exporting beautiful and exotic flowers. It is the only place in entire West Bengal where a number of commercial nuseries are situated here.